Welcome to Parish
An Independent Day School in the Heart of North Dallas
Our educational environment is learner-centered; values-rich; proudly steeped in our Episcopal identity; service-oriented; and bold and fearless when considering new possibilities.
Parish Episcopal is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest. Our participation in the ISAS and NAIS shapes our curriculum and enables teachers, students and faculty to connect with other member schools at conferences and summits.
Parish Day School Origins
Throughout our history and founding in 1972, Parish has been affiliated with the Episcopal Church. Originally, Parish Day School was an extension of the Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration. Beginning with preschool, kindergarten and sixth grades, Parish offered full-day programs in a coed environment to the congregation. Over the years, Parish expanded to serve the entire North Dallas community. A new campus near Farmers Branch provided greater independence and the ability to educate middle and high school students. In 2012, Parish restructured into an independently funded, non-profit organization. Today, our school leadership is accountable only to parents, students and a Board of Trustees.
Fostering Independent Learning
As a result of our independence and autonomy, Parish has created a vision to reimagine what a private school could become. We have evolved how students learn and succeed, by realizing and fostering their passions in a warm and joyful learning environment.
Parish is constantly evaluating student performance, personal development, college preparedness and alumni success. Our goal is to engage students in a balanced learning environment through a challenging core curriculum and strategic programs that develop and inspire. Below are several recent facility and curriculum additions to further our mission and better serve students:
- Experiential and Service Learning in Middle School with a focus on hunger, literacy, sustainability, elderly, veterans and leadership
- ParishSTEM: a full integration of science, technology, engineering, and math components in all grades
- ParishProfile: A program designed to grow creativity and create critical thinkers in today’s global society.
- ParishLeads: A curriculum aimed at building leaders and transforming students into a young person of impact
Inspired by our values of Wisdom, Honor and Service, the mission of Parish Episcopal School's inclusive Episcopal community is to guide young people to become creative learners and bold leaders prepared to impact a complex global society.
Parish is committed to redefining the high-quality college preparatory experience and engaging students in a balanced learning environment through challenging core curriculum and strategic programs that develop and inspire.
The principles guiding Parish reflect awareness of individuality:
- Honor student voice and choice in learning
- Meet students where they are, helping them reach new levels of mastery as they are ready
- Help students develop enduring habits of mind which are transferable to a lifetime of learning and excelling
- Create learning conditions which engage students in authentic, meaningful work