Distinguished Alumni Award
The annual Distinguished Alumni Award has been created in an effort to recognize graduates of Parish Episcopal School or Parish Day School who have succeeded in their personal and professional lives. The Alumni candidate will have distinguished themselves by virtue of their contributions to the community as well as to their careers and to Parish.
To nominate a deserving alumna/us for the annual Distinguished Alumni Award, complete and submit the online nomination form below. All members of the Parish community, including faculty/staff, can submit nominations.
Nominations should be submitted by March 1 to be considered for this academic year. The Distinguished Alumni Award recipient will be announced during the Founders' Dinner in April, and nominees not selected will remain on the Distinguished Alumni Award slate for the following year.
The Award recipient will also be recognized with the installation of an alumni panel in the Great Hall on the Midway Campus.
- Awardees must be graduates of Parish Day School or Parish Episcopal School.
- Awardees must have made significant contributions to their community and Parish professionally, philanthropically, and/or through service.
- Nominations will be accepted from alumni and Parish faculty/staff only.
- Alumni may self-nominate.
- Current Parish faculty/staff members are eligible to receive the Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Current members of the Parish Board of Trustees or Alumni Board are not eligible to receive the Distinguished Alumni Award during their term of service.
- Individuals may be re-nominated at any time.
- Any person currently running for an elected office or considered for a political appointment are not eligible to be nominated.
- Past recipients are not eligible to receive the award again.
- All nominations will be held for consideration for one year.
Each year nominations are solicited from all alumni and Parish faculty/staff to recognize an alumna/us who has shown distinction in their personal and professional lives. Please provide as much information as possible on the online nomination form.
- Nominations are accepted year-round. However, to be considered for the next calendar year's selection process, all nominations must be submitted by March 1 of the current year.
- Nominations are reviewed annually in March.
- The awardee will be honored at the annual Parish Episcopal School Founders’ Dinner.
The Alumni Board and selection committee (Head of School, Assistant Head of School, and Head of Upper School, and Alumni Board) reserves the right to request additional information about nominees from the person nominating. The selection committee reviews the nominations submitted for the Distinguished Alumni Award and makes a recommendation to the Alumni Board for final approval.
Past Distinguished Alumni Award Recipients
2021-22 Rebecca (Davis) Blount '10